Saturday, December 11, 2010

Late Night Adventures

Every night for the past couple weeks my friend Lori and I have gone on walks together.  It started as a short, one mile walk with our dogs.  Shortly after it turned into a two mile walk.  Now we walk five miles together every night.  Mind you, we did some "exploring" (aka: getting lost) in the upper officer housing a few times before we found a good route.  Anyway, it's a great way to get exercise and is often pretty therapeutic.  Some may call us crazy for walking in 15 degree weather, but that's only because they haven't tried it! Ok maybe some people have and still don't like it, but who ever said I was normal?


As a side note, upper officer housing is AMAZING! Really, I feel like I walk into another dimension when I enter their neighborhood.  Anyway, continuing with what I was saying..

Our conversations have ranged from my grand plans to move to San Antonio, TX (more on that later) to our marriages, to our mutual friends, to complaining about our houses or the weather.  It's been a great source of relief for my overly active mind.  I can get everything out in the open and she's an awesome listener.

However, I've done some listening too.  I'm realizing more and more how much I love the idea of becoming a therapist.  Being able to listen to people express their concerns or feelings and offer sound advice sounds like a fantastic way to pass the time and get paid for it no less!

I've also been getting exercise.  It's a new way of exercising for me because usually whenever I exercise, I go all out.  I run 5 miles or I put the elliptical machine to 10 resistance and go to town.  However, I'm liking this low impact workout.  It doesn't even feel like a workout and yet you can't deny the fact that walking 5 miles is doing some good.  I'm happy to announce that I have lost 5 lbs in the past two weeks and I'm pretty proud of myself.  Only a few more lbs and I'll be at my goal weight!

I'm sure DH will be happy to come home to a thinner, saner wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment