Sunday, January 9, 2011

Great Minds Think Alike

So one of my fellow Army wife friends chooses a word for each year.  Instead of a new year's resolution, it's a word that encompasses the coming year.  As I was reading one of her posts about 2010's word of the year, I started thinking what word might fit for me.

The word that came to mind was patience.  This choice was easy considering that DH will still be gone for most of the year.  I thought, "Alright, patience works.  I'm going to need a lot of that in 2011."  How right I was.

As I was catching up on her blog (see My Blog List), I was reminded of the word of the year.  It's funny how many times I am going to need patience this year.  Today I was struggling with the fear of inadequacy in regards to training Rocky.  He isn't stubborn, but there are certain things (such as chewing on things he's not supposed to) that he's taking a little longer to learn.  Yes I know I've only had him a week lol.  I never said I was patient.  It's just funny how I was reminded of my choice of word on the day that I was lacking patience the most.  I'll have to remember this for the rest of this year.  With Rocky's training and DH being gone 75% of 2011, I'm going to need it.

And it just so happens that this friend of mine chose Patience as her word as well.  I guess great minds think alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment