Monday, January 3, 2011

Exhaustion at its Finest

Rocky and I have been together for a total of 36 hours now.  Boy oh boy have these past 36 hours worn me out.  It's not that he's super active, he actually sleeps a lot during the day.  It's that he wakes up every three hours at night to go out.  I understand he can't hold it that long and he's really young, that's not a problem.  And besides that, he did pretty well for the first night.  But regardless of how well he did or why he woke me up so often, I'm still tired lol.

It was strange actually waking up before noon this morning though.  I haven't seen the early morning dawn for quite some time (approx 5 months) and this was a nice change of pace, even if I was very tired.

He's also teething and trying to teach him bite inhibition and what is appropriate to bite and not bite is the most tedious job.  He's done VERY well at potty training.  He goes potty immediately when I take him out, and he did pretty well last night sleeping in his little box.  It's just this biting thing.  However, I've done a bit of reading and I have a new strategy lol.  I may not have been teaching him the proper way for the past day, but I'm about to change that.  It's a little tiring right now, but I'm determined to work hard at this so that I have a well-behaved dog in 6 months or so.

I really think Rocky is going to help me get through this deployment.  Instead of staying up all night waiting for DH, or sitting around feeling lonely, I take care of Rocky.  Instead of counting down the days until we are at 50% or 75%, I count the weeks until Rocky gets his next shots, or goes to puppy class, or is able to go for walks with me.  I'm very optimistic about all of this.  I really think he's going to help me get through this last stretch of the deployment.

Speaking of deployment, DH got to see Rocky via Skype today!  It's a bit sad that he can't be here to share in his puppy days, but Rocky will still be fairly young when DH gets home.

Let's hope this night offers me a little more rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment