Friday, March 18, 2011

Finally!

Finally another good day!

Today was fantastic.  The weather was perfect.  70 degrees, with a nice breeze.  I took Jack for a walk with Monica while she walked her little dog, Baby.  Afterwards, Jack and Baby played in her backyard and cracked us up with their crazy antics.

I've become very close to Monica and Lori and I finally feel like I have a best friend again.  I've had plenty of close friends, but it's been a long time since I've had that friend that makes me feel like I'm in High School again.  That kind of friend where you practically live at their house, and do everything together.  It's been a long time and I'm so happy that I have that again.

In 1.5 weeks my DOM will read 75% =O.  I know, I can't believe it either.  75%???  How can that be?  It's been a long time coming, but I'm just now starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Could this deployment REALLY be ending?!

In other less exciting news, I've been going to physical therapy a lot.  I'm getting a great workout while I'm there, but my back is starting to hurt worse.  I'm not quite sure if this is normal, or if I'm doing something wrong, but it's starting to discourage me.  I'm almost in as much pain as I was when DH left after R&R.  It was so bad that I had to go to the ER to get a prescription for Vicodin.  I hope it doesn't get that bad again.  Oh well, I have many more PT visits so hopefully it will only get better from here.

DH has been doing well too, surprisingly.  There's a part of me that expects him to be miserable all of the time, and I'm surprised when he's not.  I don't want him to be miserable, but I'm just surprised how much he can put up with and still be ok.

I've got a lot of homework to do tomorrow, but I'm not stressing over it.  Soon school will be over, and with that, the end of this deployment!

No comments:

Post a Comment