Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Little Bit of Everything

Sorry blogger peepz.  I've been busy actually getting out of the house lol.

I started physical therapy.  It's been going really well.  I'm going 3x a week for a few weeks and then will change to 2x a week until I no longer need to go.  My physical therapist is really nice and she basically has me doing stretches and exercises the entire time.  Perfect.  I get a workout and fix my back all at once.  She's trying to help me build up the muscles around my back to help support it.  A lot of core and glute workouts.  The only thing I'm afraid of is.. My core and leg muscles are already strong so I'm afraid it's not going to make that much of an impact, but we'll see.  She also said that in a few weeks I'd most likely be able to get back to running =)

School has been going well.  It's spring break haha!

DH has been gone a lot for various reasons.  Thankfully I have my friends to keep me company and pass the time.  Next Tuesday I'm going shopping in Nashville for summer clothes and to replenish my supply of heels and tennis shoes since they were stolen from our storage unit.  I feel that I deserve this little shopping spree because I've done exceptionally well at saving during this deployment and taking a little break from saving $1000+/month won't hurt anything.

I also changed the return date on my DOM.  For those who know me, you know this is nothing new =P.  However, I don't really feel like I'm cheating because I simply changed the date to when DH will go to his transition FOB before he leaves Afghanistan completely.  I've said time and time again that this deployment will end for me when his quality of life has improved and he is safe.  I'm 90% sure that his quality of life will improve and he will be safer once he is at the transition FOB.  I may not see him for a little bit after the date I chose, but for now that's the date I'm aiming for.  I couldn't stand to see "40% left" on my DOM so I needed to change it.  Now I see "34% left" and I feel much better.

I'm also getting a little cold.  How could this happen? I've been taking my vitamin everyday =( .  Stupid hospitals and their germ-infested elevators… (I had to take a friend to the hospital about a week ago and the only thing I touched was the elevator).

I can't wait until the title of my post says, "He's Home!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment