Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Is it Just Me?

Or is time draaaagging.  I'm pretty sure it's just me - and possibly everyone else in the homestretch of a deployment.

Well, July has finally arrived.  Woohoo… Do I sound less than enthusiastic?  Don't get me wrong, I am so happy that July has finally arrived.  It's just that now, July isn't my month -_-.  I am angry, sad, frustrated, and essentially at the end of my rapidly fraying rope.

But let's look on the bright side.  I only have to finish off this month and then we are X days from DH being home :).  For the sake of my sanity, we'll still say that July is "my month."

I swear this last month feels like it's taking years.  Back in the day (as in, every month leading up to month 11) a couple weeks was nothing.  I flew through this deployment with single-minded optimism.  Month 11?  My optimism has flown out the window or I just may have run out.  Not quite sure which.

I'm just tired.  I am tired of sleeping alone, killing spiders alone, dealing with my sciatica alone, taking out the garbage alone, cooking alone, eating alone, being scared because I'm alone, cleaning the yard alone, walking Jack alone, and numerous other things that I have done alone for 11 months.

I know that deployments end.  It's just a matter of when.

No comments:

Post a Comment