Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Happy Anniversary to Me

Today is my two year anniversary.

It is definitely bitter-sweet.  Of course I'm thrilled that we have survived two years of marriage (especially since 19 of those months were spent apart).  However, it's bitter because not only is my husband still deployed, but I haven't been able to talk to him today.

The good news is, this weekend marks 2% until DH begins his journey home from Afghanistan :).  That is tremendously exciting news in the world of deployments.  It is *almost* finally over!

In other news, I've decided to go to The Melting Pot for my 21st birthday on August 6th!  I've never been to The Melting Pot or any fondue restaurant so I'm super excited.  I think it will be a fun, unique way to spend my birthday.

I also got my Japanese Straightening Perm!  I mentioned awhile back that I was planning on getting one and I finally did it.  I am VERY happy with the results.  Never in my life have I been able to hop out of the shower, brush my hair, and go.  If I did, I ended up with a wavy, frizzy, poofy mess.

Yesterday (after not being able to wash my hair for 72 hours - gross!) I washed my hair, hopped out of the shower, brushed my hair, and went.  And you know what?  It came out great!  It wasn't frizzy, poofy, or the least bit wavy.  Below is a picture of what it looked like after it dried.  It's a miracle!

Although today itself isn't such a great day, great days are just around the corner!  Hold on tight, this deployment rollercoaster is almost over!

2 comments:

  1. You are *so* close! You'll have to post pictures of you guys looking fabulous at your birthday dinner! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I'm almost beginning to believe it haha. Will do!

    ReplyDelete